Eduroam is a global wireless roaming consortium which gives members of education and research access to the internet for free on all eduroam hotspots on the planet. There are several million eduroam users already, enjoying free internet access on more than 6,000 hotspots!
Eduroam is available all over Oxford University all you need is a REMOTE ACCESS account and the University of Oxford’s Eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (Eduroam CAT) installer available from :
(You can visit https://cat.eduroam.org whilst connected to The Cloud or a mobile data network)
We recommend Eduroam to all our Staff, Fellows and Students for basic access around Oxford – once configured you can connect to free wireless all over Oxford as well as other Eduroam hotspots around the UK and the rest of the world.
Get online with Eduroam
- Register for a REMOTE ACCESS account at :
- Visit the Eduroam CAT website at :
- Click the “eduroam user: download your eduroam installer” button at the bottom of the webpage
- Search “University of Oxford” – installers for other institutions will not work with your OXFORD credentials!
- You will then be presented with various installers – chose your operating system
- Once the installer has downloaded run installer program
- When prompted for username and password make sure you append @OX.AC.UK to your username
- Once installed (and you are within range of an Eduroam Wireless network!) you may be prompted to enter your user credentials again – as a final security check; after which your computer / device will remember your password so you don’t have to keep typing it in.